Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Pulse 2022

Forum for kitesurfers
IDAVIS
Medium Poster
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:25 am
Local Beach: Santa Cristina
Cesantes
Aguieira
Sabon
(Galicia, north from Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Taiba (BR)
Cumbuco (BR)
Aguieira (ESP)
Sabon (ESP)
Cesantes (ESP)
Lourido (ESP)
Pobra Caramiñal (ESP)
Lingunde (ESP)
Style: Freestyle / Foil / Big Air
Gear: Airush Razor 9m,11m,13m v9 (freestyle)
Airush Livewire Team v8 140x42
Airush Ultra 12m v4 / Airush One 9m v1 (Foil)
Slingshot Phantasm 633 + Slingshot Dwartf Craft 110
North Orbit 2022 9m (Big Air)
Airush Livewire Team v7 140x42
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Galicia (Spain)
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

North Pulse 2022

Postby IDAVIS » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:47 pm

Hi

Any opinions about the new Pulse 2022?

Some news in 2022? Or are similar than 2021?

Had good slack? Pop?

(for freestyle and Wakestyle)

Thanks

X-Fly
Rare Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:50 pm
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Naish Dash 11m/9m
Ozone Enduro V2 7m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby X-Fly » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Up ! ;)

Anybody has tested or ride this kite ?

Same questions as IDAVIS ! And if you can compare pop & slack with a true C-kite (as Vegas).

kris10_cooper
Rare Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:49 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Muskegon, MI
St. Pete, FL
Cocoa Beach, FL
Style: Freestyle and Wakestyle
Gear: North Pulse
North Carve
North Reach
North Flare
Brand Affiliation: North and Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby kris10_cooper » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:30 pm

It has explosive pop and decent slack for a crossover kite. I’d say it’s one of the best bridled/crossover kites for freestyle. Pretty smooth to ride for freestyle and wakestyle. Plus still good freeride. Handles decent in the waves - not as good as a wave-specific kite but better than other crossover freestyle kites.

However, if comparing to a true C kite, the slack is better on a C kite. C kites are designed specifically for that. They’re a one-trick pony kind of kite. Bridled crossover kites are usually multi-functional - like the Pulse is great for aggressive kite loops.

However, the Pulse is still good for unhooking and you can easily do any basic/intermediate unhooked tricks (Blind Judge, S to blind, B2B) on it. Advanced tricks (more 5s and up, more technical tricks) might be harder. Still 100% doable, just not as much slack.

The 2022 Pulse is similar to the 2021 but lighter material. Otherwise not much different. It’s a great kite and if you want a kite for more than just unhooking, I’d highly recommend.
These users thanked the author kris10_cooper for the post:
X-Fly (Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:08 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

X-Fly
Rare Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:50 pm
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Naish Dash 11m/9m
Ozone Enduro V2 7m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby X-Fly » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:18 pm

kris10_cooper wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:30 pm
It has explosive pop and decent slack for a crossover kite. I’d say it’s one of the best bridled/crossover kites for freestyle. Pretty smooth to ride for freestyle and wakestyle. Plus still good freeride. Handles decent in the waves - not as good as a wave-specific kite but better than other crossover freestyle kites.

However, if comparing to a true C kite, the slack is better on a C kite. C kites are designed specifically for that. They’re a one-trick pony kind of kite. Bridled crossover kites are usually multi-functional - like the Pulse is great for aggressive kite loops.

However, the Pulse is still good for unhooking and you can easily do any basic/intermediate unhooked tricks (Blind Judge, S to blind, B2B) on it. Advanced tricks (more 5s and up, more technical tricks) might be harder. Still 100% doable, just not as much slack.

The 2022 Pulse is similar to the 2021 but lighter material. Otherwise not much different. It’s a great kite and if you want a kite for more than just unhooking, I’d highly recommend.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply :)
I am looking for a pure freestyle kites quiver for 13-20 kts windrange, and not a crossover kite because when there is more than 20 kts, I already have an Orbit for "big air" and loops :) (I am light).
I had the chance to test a Pulse 2020 9m this weekend, but too much wind (average 25 kts) to try a lot of unhooked tricks. But I found that the pop is very good, and the slack just good.
I hope there will be lighter wind conditions next week-end (15-20 kts) to try more unhooked tricks. For the moment, I still hesitate between Vegas... and Pulse ;)

kris10_cooper
Rare Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:49 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Muskegon, MI
St. Pete, FL
Cocoa Beach, FL
Style: Freestyle and Wakestyle
Gear: North Pulse
North Carve
North Reach
North Flare
Brand Affiliation: North and Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby kris10_cooper » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:24 am

Oof yeah 25 knots is a bit much for unhooking on a 9. I think the 2020 Pulse is a bit different than the 2021 & 2022, since that was the first gen. I‘ve heard mix stuff about the Vegas. I’ve never flown it, but I’ve heard it’s a new-school C so not as raw like the Torch or Razor. Hope you get the conditions next weekend to do some testing!
These users thanked the author kris10_cooper for the post:
X-Fly (Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:06 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Saltyman
Medium Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:02 am
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby Saltyman » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:14 am

Torch,Amp, Vegas a older Fuel if you can get one at a shop it will be a cheaper option.
Or the 2021 pulse.
I don't like the freestyle kites getting lighter by removing the Dacron reinforcement.
As freestyle kites take a punishing.

X-Fly
Rare Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:50 pm
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Naish Dash 11m/9m
Ozone Enduro V2 7m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby X-Fly » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:02 pm

kris10_cooper wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:24 am
Oof yeah 25 knots is a bit much for unhooking on a 9. I think the 2020 Pulse is a bit different than the 2021 & 2022, since that was the first gen. I‘ve heard mix stuff about the Vegas. I’ve never flown it, but I’ve heard it’s a new-school C so not as raw like the Torch or Razor. Hope you get the conditions next weekend to do some testing!
The 2021 or 2022 Pulse is surely a bit different,with some refinements and new materials, but I suppose that the shape is the same and the bridle position too ?

X-Fly
Rare Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:50 pm
Weight: 65
Local Beach: La Palmyre
Style: Freestyle / big air
Gear: Naish Dash 11m/9m
Ozone Enduro V2 7m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby X-Fly » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:34 am

@kris10_cooper : could you tell me what is your Pulse quiver ? What sizes are you and which one do you prefer for unhooked freestyle ?

Thanks in advance :)

kris10_cooper
Rare Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:49 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Muskegon, MI
St. Pete, FL
Cocoa Beach, FL
Style: Freestyle and Wakestyle
Gear: North Pulse
North Carve
North Reach
North Flare
Brand Affiliation: North and Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby kris10_cooper » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:31 am

Saltyman wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:14 am
Torch,Amp, Vegas a older Fuel if you can get one at a shop it will be a cheaper option.
Or the 2021 pulse.
I don't like the freestyle kites getting lighter by removing the Dacron reinforcement.
As freestyle kites take a punishing.
The Pulse is still sturdy and reinforced, the material is just lighter. I hear what you’re saying though, freestyle kites definitely take a lot of good crashes haha.

kris10_cooper
Rare Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:49 am
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Muskegon, MI
St. Pete, FL
Cocoa Beach, FL
Style: Freestyle and Wakestyle
Gear: North Pulse
North Carve
North Reach
North Flare
Brand Affiliation: North and Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: North Pulse 2022

Postby kris10_cooper » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:32 am

X-Fly wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:02 pm
kris10_cooper wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:24 am
Oof yeah 25 knots is a bit much for unhooking on a 9. I think the 2020 Pulse is a bit different than the 2021 & 2022, since that was the first gen. I‘ve heard mix stuff about the Vegas. I’ve never flown it, but I’ve heard it’s a new-school C so not as raw like the Torch or Razor. Hope you get the conditions next weekend to do some testing!
The 2021 or 2022 Pulse is surely a bit different,with some refinements and new materials, but I suppose that the shape is the same and the bridle position too ?
Yeah just some fine tuning and new material, no drastic changes.
These users thanked the author kris10_cooper for the post:
X-Fly (Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:57 pm)
Rating: 6.67%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fleetrico, Google [Bot] and 6 guests