Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2022 Ocean Rodeo Aluula Rise: first hand experience?

Forum for kitesurfers
ramin77
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge V10 7m and 9m
Gin Instinct HB 10m
Oxone Chrono v4 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2022 Ocean Rodeo Aluula Rise: first hand experience?

Postby ramin77 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:44 am

I have done around 15 sessions on the Rise 10m on twin tip and also for big air hydrofoil in 20-28 knots. I purchased this kite to replace a 9m Ozone Edge V10. Its definitely not as grunty and powerful as the edge but the loops are so nice and smooth. Perfect kite for those looking to progress with their kite loops. Hangtime not as good as Edge and its not as easy to jump high(takes a bit more technique), but if you get the timing right, it yanks you out of the water quite nicely. Bar pressure is also very light. Almost as light as my foil kites. I'm very happy with this new addition to my quiver.
Attachments
IMG_8F66C438D1DA-1.jpeg
These users thanked the author ramin77 for the post:
Gestalt (Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Paleofit
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 165
Local Beach: SF Bay Area: Toll plaza
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core xr6, Ocean Rodeo Flite, Shinn Bronq and King Gee
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2022 Ocean Rodeo Aluula Rise: first hand experience?

Postby Paleofit » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:29 am

y2kBug wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:38 pm
Paleofit wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:41 am
12m: unfortunately the situation was weird (I rode a bigger freestyle board and tiny fins, not my normal set up). To be continued…
@Paleofit wondering about your experience with 12m
So here’s my take (few months late, sorry!!): the 12 is like the 10, just bigger and beefier! Things just happen a little slower/take longer (jumping, heliloop, etc) and the bottom end is obviously bigger which is nice. Interestingly, the tube diameter is quite a bit bigger on the 12. With that plus the wingspan, it loses a tad of the tossability/precision of the 10 m but by the same token can feel less squirrely and a little floatier. Still way more precise and more rock solid than other kites I’ve ridden.

Personally, I don’t like jumping either rise underpowered, which is the main reason for getting the 12. FWIW, I pretty much like riding them averaging right at the max stated wind speed with the gusts going over. With the full c, it hides much of its profile. Think you need good pressure (speed+edge+redirect) to activate it.

Tbh, I’m still not an expert at jumping this kite Ffirst of all, timing just happens faster, even compared to a quick Dacron kite (eg orbit 9). Also, it seems like it doesn’t like when you “sheet out” much during the final edging…like you need to keep “more in the hands” for best results. Anyone else feel this way?
These users thanked the author Paleofit for the post:
y2kBug (Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:20 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Kitesurfing”