Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Localism - How to keep people out of your kite spot

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
Pokitren
Rare Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 pm
Local Beach: Bennetts Beach, Hawks Nest
Favorite Beaches: Palm Beach, Sydney
Pebbly Beach, South Coast
Tamarama Beach, Sydney
Bongil Beach, Bellingen
Shelly Beach, Booti Booti National Park
Bennetts Beach, Hawks Nest
Lighthouse Beach, Port Macquarie
Treachery Beach, Seal Rocks...
Style: Beginner
Gear: Cross Kites Boarder 1.5m Trainer Kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Localism - How to keep people out of your kite spot

Postby Pokitren » Mon May 23, 2022 7:42 am

DefyInertia wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:14 pm
I think people are making out the issue and the OP to be something it isn’t.

Just approach these other kiters without aggression and share the details of the situation. Maybe get their view first and see where they are coming from and then tailor your spiel appropriately. There is mutual interest here.

I don’t think the OP feels entitled to the spot. Just because he wants to avoid the whole thing going to shit does not mean he feels he has superior rights to the spot.

Rabid localism is lame. Always. On the other hand, expecting people to think about how their presence is felt and act in a way that does not ruin a spot unnecessarily is completely legit. Fine line between the two but one is selfish entitlement and the other is just normal social behavior for the greatest good.
Talking solves all problems 90% of the time. The remaining 10% I give to the inadequate.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests