Forum for kitesurfers
Mikkelza
Medium Poster
Gear: Wave + foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush Session - share experiences and ask questions

Postby Mikkelza » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:09 am

Dear fellow-kitesurfer,

I recently dedicated to Airush, starting with a quiver of Session kites: 5m2, 6m2, 8m2 and the Ultra bar.
I will use the kites with a wave/surf-board, and a bit with hydrofoil (freeride, small waves) - but for ligthwind foiling I have Peak4 6m2 and 8m2.

I though it would be great with a thread where we can share experiences and ask questions to the Airush Session kite.

So far, I have been riding the 6m2 a bit, and the 8m2 the most, during the past 2 months.

Impression so far:
- Quick responding kite (I did not know that a 8m2 kite could be that fun in waves, since I am used to 7m2 or smaller)

- Great depower

- flies quit much forward in the wind-window - more than I am used to from my previous wave-kites. Consequently, the kite can feel a little unstable in gusty conditions

- interesting with the bridle switch option (pulleys vs. fixed). I was certain that the pulleys would slow down the kite too much, but that has not been the case. The kite is quite fast with pulleys also. Pulleys make it more soft. Fixed bridle make the depower more on/off. I am not sure if the two bridle options affect how far forward the kite flies in the wind-window, but with pulleys it has been easier to keep the kite at the edge of the wind-window while doing a bottom-turn at the top of the wave. I am more used to (in cross-onshore wind) steer the kite through the wind-window, but it has been quite fun to keep the Session at the edge of the wind-window (more or less, at least minimal steering)

- high quality feel
20220614_081042.jpg

elmarco
Medium Poster

Re: Airush Session - share experiences and ask questions

Postby elmarco » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:48 pm

I've been using the 8m session quite a bit lately.
I spent a week in Cabarete recently mostly only riding it surf and foil and I loved it.

I've also spent some time on the 12m and 9m on a twin tip and was pleasantly surprised.
It's a really fun kite to do small loops on. It's fast, but still gives you a lot of power on the loop, so it's quite forgiving, but satisfying.

I usually ride Unions & Ultras, and I tried lift's and Lithium's, but I'm gravitating more towards the session as a do it all.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Style: wave
Gear: blade AR wave

Re: Airush Session - share experiences and ask questions

Postby alfredo68 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:51 am

Love my wave 9 mts, best kite ever, i use it from 15 knots to 28 or whatever, big wind range. Turn s in a dime. Super easy to loop..Fast! I t s always where i want him to be.
Didn t like the wave 12 tho. Too slow so bought an Ultra 10 to replace the 12 Didn t like it. Good for light wind but it had small wind range and struggle whith the strong gust so bought a wave 10 that haven t tried it yet.
I wonder if are there any differences between the waves or session or just a change of name.
Any one that can compare these kites with other wave especific kites?

Return to “Kitesurfing”