Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Eleveight New XS V3

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:37 pm

Eleveight News:

Eleveight New XS V3

xs.jpg

Breaking Big Air boundaries, the XS has an extreme boost that will rocket you to new levels.

PERFORMANCE FEATURES

- Delta hybrid five-strut design for stability in serious Big Air boosts
- Explosive lift and extra-long hangtime
- Massive grunt for the highest jumps in any condition
- Bombproof construction for ultra-durability
- Rapid yet controllable flight characteristics with direct feedback

Sizes
07 / 08 / 09 / 10 / 12 / 14

Big Air gets even bigger with the new XS.
Smashing boundaries for height and hangtime, version 3 delivers raw power to the most extreme radical moves. Created for the needs of demanding adrenalin junkies, the XS is as grunty as it gets breaking records in Big Air.

The sophisticated delta hybrid design has a high aspect ratio delivering an increased angle of attack that balances power with ease of handling. The explosive lift is met with bombproof construction and stability for adrenaline junkies wanting to hit full send.

Efficiency and hangtime are enhanced by a flattened arc making the XS intuitive to steer and extremely responsive. The direct turning and bar feedback allows for perfect timing ready to take off and be rocketed to the moon.

The XS is designed for hardcore riders and it’s World Champion Arthur Guillebert’s weapon of choice chasing storms. Commit to the send and you are catapulted into the sky with such forward momentum that delivers the most powerful megaloops. The extended hang time makes the XS perfect for old school hooked-in tricks, yet allows for easy upwind travel to get you back in the zone fast. We put a lot of work into the aerodynamics to create the perfect sweep in the wingtips as well as perfect the canopy curve. In less favourable conditions, the XS has fantastic low-end performance that will also assist progressing riders.

The five-strut frame is even lighter yet delivers stability in all situations and withstands the extreme forces in radical big air. Surprisingly versatile, freeriders will love how the XS can also handle freestyle and waves alike.

A must-have kite for radical riders, the new XS is the ultimate Big Air weapon.

https://www.eleveightkites.com/kites/xs-v3

xs 2.png
xs 3.png
xs 3.png (36.27 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

Werito
Medium Poster
Gear: kites, boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight New XS V3

Postby Werito » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Has anyone ridden this or the new RS, how’s the new pulleyless bridle? Pros & cons?
These users thanked the author Werito for the post:
Archer77 (Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Sun
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 15m Chrono V2
12m Hyperlink
12m, 10m, 8m m, 6m Dice (2018)
10m Roca V2
Reedin Kev Pro 136
Nobile XTR
Nobile Zen Split Foil Board
Zeeko Blaster, Spitfire (Normal & XLW)

Postby Sun » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:29 pm

Werito wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 pm
Has anyone ridden this or the new RS, how’s the new pulleyless bridle? Pros & cons?
I have a buddy who just opened and rode his new 10m RS v6. He is an instructor and has been using the previous RS for some time. I will try to get more detailed feedback, but his comment was “It is sickkkk” which I guess means he likes it.

metrox
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 66
Style: Freestyle, Bigair
Gear: Eleveight

Postby metrox » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:02 am

Werito wrote:
Tried new RS v6 9m2. It is way better than v5 (at least for me) ... Faster, better holding its shape on gusts (no fluttering etc) and better kite response due no pulley system.
These users thanked the author metrox for the post:
Archer77 (Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:08 am)

hookedcook
Medium Poster
Gear: Elevegiht RS 10 and 12

Postby hookedcook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm

I have v5 rs in 10 and 12. They are great kites. I'm deciding on an xs or orbit for a 5 strut big air kite. I gave eleveight a chance with the rs and am impressed with the quality and price point. Super happy with the kites so maybe give the xs a try????

metrox
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 66
Style: Freestyle, Bigair
Gear: Eleveight

Postby metrox » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:31 pm

hookedcook wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm
I have v5 rs in 10 and 12. They are great kites. I'm deciding on an xs or orbit for a 5 strut big air kite. I gave eleveight a chance with the rs and am impressed with the quality and price point. Super happy with the kites so maybe give the xs a try????
You need to try XS 1st. It is not so easy kite as RS. It is more aggressive etc. Kiteloops with bigger radius, stronger pull on boosts etc. All this comes in result with less forgiving kite. But, you can get more adrenaline rush with XS :D
I can say it is more aggressive than Orbit.

deGouville
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Cap Est, Martinique
Favorite Beaches: Plage Sud Port Camargue
Style: Freeride/Big Air/Foil
Gear: Eleveight RS 12
Eleveight XS 9
Eleveight Commander
Has thanked: 0

Postby deGouville » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Werito wrote:
Hi guys.

I had several sessions on the the v6 (2 with 7m, 1 with 10m, and 5 on the 12m) and coming from the last 4 generation of E8 RS, I'll definitely say it the most stable of all with the pulleyless bridle but the kite is not faster or quicker. You just get a feedback that is more direct but the timing is exactly the same. I think this v6 is better to start unhooked tricks or for wave ridding however I've the feeling we lost a bit performance in the lowerrange compare to the v5 which was AWESOME in lightwind.

I had the XS v2 in 9m which is my all time favourite one and I'm replacing it by a 8m v3 because yes the kite is really aggressive :lol: :lol:
The XS v3 is also pulleyless so we can hope the kite will be even better for loops
These users thanked the author deGouville for the post:
Archer77 (Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 pm)

deGouville
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Local Beach: Cap Est, Martinique
Favorite Beaches: Plage Sud Port Camargue
Style: Freeride/Big Air/Foil
Gear: Eleveight RS 12
Eleveight XS 9
Eleveight Commander

Postby deGouville » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 pm

hookedcook wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 pm
If you love your RSs there’s no choice but go for the XS. I was disappointed by the Orbit personally and I think E8 quality is higher.
The XS is like a more "Motivated" RS with added hangtime superpowers but u also feel it's from the same base (same setting same aspect ratio)
I go with 12/9 RS and 8 XS this year

Broffelof
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Esbjerg, Denmark
Style: Freestyle/Freeride
Gear: Eleveight FS 2021, 8 - 10 - 12
Been thanked: 0

Postby Broffelof » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:07 pm

So I have had the Eleveight XS v3 8, 10 and 12 for a few weeks now, and had a good amount of rides on the 8 and 10.
first off, the bar pressure is a tad lighter, the kite feels more responsive and direct, and it is with no doubt faster than the v2.
The 8m loops like a dream, and is quite faster than the v2. The 10, Is also faster, loops a bit faster than v2 (but not as much more as the 8m compared to the previous version)

on v2 XS, I could get quite exhausted after a few hours of riding. I think this version is more gentle and soft to ride. Thou, its still a bit more tough than the RS v6, which I tested aswell.

If you'd like a comparinson of the RS v6 8m and XS v3 8m, I can tell the XS is more aggressive, boost better, yanks more in loops. The RS seems faster, however the 8 feels about same speed in loops as the XS actually. the RS is very gentle to ride compared to the XS.

summary:
The pullleyless bridle is seriously a gamechanger for this kite, in a very good point of view. im not sure if you can feel any difference of the 10% ligher blatter material, but I guess the changed wintip increased the speed in loops a bit. Im not a kite designer, so I cant really tell.
But trust me on this. The XS v3 is way better than V2.

Baptiste_FR
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Normandy
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rally (12-9-7m²)

Postby Baptiste_FR » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:58 am

About the RS, does someone knows what is the RS+ ?
I've seen an RS+ in their last video and don't know what it is (between 00:47 and 00:49 on this video : )

Return to “Kitesurfing”