Kiteboarding kicked my ass today

Forum for kitesurfers
hookedcook
Medium Poster
Gear: Elevegiht RS 10 and 12
Brand Affiliation: None

Kiteboarding kicked my ass today

Postby hookedcook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 pm

I'm working in crooked island Bahamas. Wind is side off but have a boat to rescue me worst case scenerio. Well it was a disaster day, was having fun, did a jump and lost my board on the landing. body draging back in the lulls my lines got wrapped around a coral head. Lost my board, the captain come out to pick me up on or boat. I flagged out but he ran over my lines and got wrapped up in the prop. Got my board back, thank you crazy fly neon. So basically my lines are fucked on a north navigator 21. I had to cut the off the prop. So my question is it possible to order a whole set of lines and is easy to figure out???

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Kiteboarding kicked my ass today

Postby Toby » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:28 pm

oops, sounds like a bad day. Sorry to hear.

Sure, possible to get a set of lines...did you already contact your local dealer? If you don't have, search online.

Or google for line makers...there are some companies doing lines. Maybe you can use your old ones for a short line bar, or as extension...

hookedcook
Medium Poster

Postby hookedcook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:37 pm

I did a pretty good hack job on the lines, got wrapped around both props. had to cut them off fast drifting into coral heads. I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere for the next month. Crooked/Acklins island Bahamas. Not sure if north has a set line set?????

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:56 pm

You'll probably have better luck just buying a new bar in the mean time. Always good to have a backup bar.

BE_Kiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Weight: 94
Local Beach: Belgium - Heist - Anemos
Favorite Beaches: Flag Beach
Style: Free
Gear: North Reach 8,11,13 2020
North Orbit 9,12 2021
Duotone NEO 6,8,9
North Comp, Charge 2020
Nobile 666 135

Postby BE_Kiter » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:40 pm

These users thanked the author BE_Kiter for the post:
hookedcook (Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:56 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 pm

see if you know anyone who could bring something from US. Holidays season is on? Find someone...ask friends, post here etc

hookedcook
Medium Poster

Postby hookedcook » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm

I have a spare cabrinha bar with me. I'm trying to figure out how to take the lines off the north bar and if its even worth it or just buy a new bar. I have a big trip Egypt/ Madagascar for 2 months starting late August. I need a new back up bar. The navigator is good, no complaints. Any better ones out there since I'm already spending the money.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:30 pm

hookedcook wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm
I have a spare cabrinha bar with me. I'm trying to figure out how to take the lines off the north bar and if its even worth it or just buy a new bar. I have a big trip Egypt/ Madagascar for 2 months starting late August. I need a new back up bar. The navigator is good, no complaints. Any better ones out there since I'm already spending the money.
Hookedcook, can you show a picture of your bar so we can assess what damage there is? I can get you a replacement set of North lines if that’s all you need. I have Navigator bars as well, but not sure if you need to do that if you can just replace the lines instead. I’m not always good at checking messages here, so you can email me at roger@mojoactionsports.com if you’d like me to help! :thumb:

hookedcook
Medium Poster

Postby hookedcook » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:30 pm
hookedcook wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm
Hookedcook, can you show a picture of your bar so we can assess what damage there is? I can get you a replacement set of North lines if that’s all you need. I have Navigator bars as well, but not sure if you need to do that if you can just replace the lines instead. I’m not always good at checking messages here, so you can email me at roger@mojoactionsports.com if you’d like me to help! :thumb:
Attachments
16567899957995578722971261018516.jpg

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:15 pm

Looks like the bar is complete. The only thing you will have a problem with is the flag out line. The easy way to do that is with a piece of wire to feed it all the way thru the plastic to pull up the line thru with it. Being stranded to a boat that might be hard to get your hands on. But all you need is lines. If you can wait most shops would probably do them for you. All so there are a few places that make custom lines like Kiteboarding.com. I know there are other shops that do them but these guys are close to me. Just a little google search could help you find someone close to you. All so you might be able to find them in Egypt as well.

Return to “Kitesurfing”