Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Darkslide Waterstart

Forum for kitesurfers
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Darkslide Waterstart

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:48 pm

nice advice ; I have read somewhere that it was a good idea to do the whole trick without loop, to test up to the limit when you sink in the water by lack of pull, then the next trial, launch a loop just when you start sinking; it will be too late but not dangerous , just to understand what will happen safely, and then the next times , launch the loop step by step earlier and earlier , just to find the limit when you avoid sinking without beeing ejected violently (if you had launched the loop two early)

Indulang
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Local Beach: Taiwan
Style: Just fooling around
Gear: Duotone Rebel

Re: Darkslide Waterstart

Postby Indulang » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:37 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:50 am
Great video and trick. I am also in the learning phase of darkslide with TT board. I am quite "impressed" to let my body fall downwind for the standard darkslide, so last month i strarted by to just doing "bodydrag" downwind with the board and body in the darkslide position (to force my muscle memory to learn this position including keep rear leg fully tensioned. It reassure myself before "jumping downwind".

I also wonder if this trick in the video could be a good intermediate step or it has too much specificities to be tried BEFORE a standard darksloide. Toby, what is your opinion on this question, trying to force yourself to be in the eyes of an impressed rider with small coronnas than you :-)
This is exactly my thought process. This waterstart trick seems like a good intermediate step before attempting a regular darkslide. I'll post about my progress in this thread. I would love to hear updates on your progression as well!

Return to “Kitesurfing”