North launches all-new Code Zero Performance Foil Kite
Borrowed from the North sailing heritage, Code Zero is the name of a sail born to go fast in light, shifty conditions. Like its namesake, North has engineered this kite for performance in very light air.
The all-new Code Zero is a light, fast and reactive single-strut performer with effortless one-handed control and efficient light wind power delivery. It flies and turns quickly - with excellent drift and manoeuvrability which makes it ideal for foiling and small surf. One of the lightest single-strut kites available, Code Zero has a playful and agile feel with dynamic steering.
Refined for weight savings, the kite’s construction is stripped back to the essential. Using lighter DLE140 dacron on the leading edge and strut for stiffness and durability, a double-canopy layer to reinforce the trailing edge and lighter-weight bladder material in every size. DuraLite wingtip chafe protectors provide abrasion resistance only where you need it, and small battens on the 9m and 11m stabilize the canopy.
Super fun and easy to fly, with intuitive relaunch and reverse launch, Code Zero is also great for learning to kite or foil in light winds. The kite is stable and evenly tensioned, with a balanced geometry. It won't luff, over-fly or front stall, and its one-handed steering means you can always foil in your preferred stance.
Code Zero is a highly efficient kite with a wide wind range and impressive power delivery for a one-strut kite - which means you can ride lighter wind conditions with a smaller kite. With the 3, 5, and 7m, you'll cover the whole wind range, from 10 to 30 knots.
- Blazing fast lightwind performance with excellent drift for foil and surf
- Balanced, stable, evenly tensioned geometry for ease of use
- Impressive power delivery and wide wind range
- Easy relaunch and reverse launch
- One of the lightest single-strut kites ever designed – engineered using the lightest materials and minimalist design
- Lighter N-DURE Dacron for stiffness and durability
- Lighter weight bladders
- N-HTRS High Performance Canopy Material
- Double-ply canopy reinforcement on the trailing edge
- DuraLite STPU seam protection only where you need it
- Small battens sizes 9m to stabilize the canopy and counter flutter
- HyperFlow rapid single-point inflation
- Compact, travel-friendly size
- GoGreen Recycled PET kite bag with Foil Assist
Watch the Code Zero Designer Notes Video: