Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Oldman_Dave
Medium Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Oldman_Dave » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm

athen wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:29 pm
did any of you try this new pocketboard with the Triton T1 monowing?
Unfortunately for the Triton guys, Naish released the chip at the same time, and we typically get a bit shafted with shipping and exchange rates in Australia, but by some miracle the chip is dirt cheap here, literally more than 3 times cheaper than the triton board. Which makes it a no-brainer. :naughty:

Having said that the shape, grip, kick tail, build quality and finish on the chip is absolutely top notch too. :thumb:
2022-11-14 18 40 08.png
2022-11-14 18 37 55 (1).png
These users thanked the author Oldman_Dave for the post:
Fatso (Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:27 pm)
Rating: 3.13%

Fatso
Medium Poster
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 to 100
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo V5 9m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Fatso » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 pm

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm
athen wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:29 pm
did any of you try this new pocketboard with the Triton T1 monowing?
Unfortunately for the Triton guys, Naish released the chip at the same time, and we typically get a bit shafted with shipping and exchange rates in Australia, but by some miracle the chip is dirt cheap here, literally more than 3 times cheaper than the triton board. Which makes it a no-brainer. :naughty:

Having said that the shape, grip, kick tail, build quality and finish on the chip is absolutely top notch too. :thumb:

2022-11-14 18 40 08.png
2022-11-14 18 37 55 (1).png
Looks good and compact, 2000$aud?

taiguy
Medium Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby taiguy » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:34 pm

anyone have a favorite board bag for the microchip?

Oldman_Dave
Medium Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Oldman_Dave » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 am

Fatso wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 pm
Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm
athen wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:29 pm
did any of you try this new pocketboard with the Triton T1 monowing?
Unfortunately for the Triton guys, Naish released the chip at the same time, and we typically get a bit shafted with shipping and exchange rates in Australia, but by some miracle the chip is dirt cheap here, literally more than 3 times cheaper than the triton board. Which makes it a no-brainer. :naughty:

Having said that the shape, grip, kick tail, build quality and finish on the chip is absolutely top notch too. :thumb:

2022-11-14 18 40 08.png
2022-11-14 18 37 55 (1).png
Looks good and compact, 2000$aud?
$500

Fatso
Medium Poster
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 85 to 100
Local Beach: Edinburgh
Kohilari
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo V5 9m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Fatso » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:59 am

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 am
Fatso wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 pm
Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm


Unfortunately for the Triton guys, Naish released the chip at the same time, and we typically get a bit shafted with shipping and exchange rates in Australia, but by some miracle the chip is dirt cheap here, literally more than 3 times cheaper than the triton board. Which makes it a no-brainer. :naughty:

Having said that the shape, grip, kick tail, build quality and finish on the chip is absolutely top notch too. :thumb:

2022-11-14 18 40 08.png
2022-11-14 18 37 55 (1).png
Looks good and compact, 2000$aud?
$500
I meant with the foil...

Oldman_Dave
Medium Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Oldman_Dave » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 am

Fatso wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:59 am
Oldman_Dave wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 am
Fatso wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 pm


Looks good and compact, 2000$aud?
$500
I meant with the foil...
Ah sorry yep about that if you go the Triton mast and baseplate which are good options - the baseplate is very compact and the mast has an extra connection doodad which a BYO mast won't have, that strengthens the connection to the T1 :D

athen
Medium Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby athen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 pm

thanks a lot! you are very luck :D it's still impossible to find this board in Europe ATM.

However, did you simply connected the T1 monofoil straight to the board tracks, without the need to use any additional universal base platform?

did I get it right?
Thanks again

Oldman_Dave wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm
athen wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:29 pm
did any of you try this new pocketboard with the Triton T1 monowing?
Unfortunately for the Triton guys, Naish released the chip at the same time, and we typically get a bit shafted with shipping and exchange rates in Australia, but by some miracle the chip is dirt cheap here, literally more than 3 times cheaper than the triton board. Which makes it a no-brainer. :naughty:

Having said that the shape, grip, kick tail, build quality and finish on the chip is absolutely top notch too. :thumb:

2022-11-14 18 40 08.png
2022-11-14 18 37 55 (1).png

Oldman_Dave
Medium Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 am
Gear: Foiling only.
Single Strut: Mono, Alpha, Airush coming
Foil: Nova 10m, Peak 4 - 3m to 6m
Triiton T1, Axis HPS700 & HPS930
CarbonCo Nang, Axis Tray94, Naish microchip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby Oldman_Dave » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:26 am

That is correct Athen. Monowing, mast and baseplate set from Triton, and chip from Naish. No other hardware needed except possibly the bolts/flats to hold the baseplate.

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby airsail » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 pm

The Microchip really likes wind, can be a prick to get going on if the wind is marginal. You need to be up on the foil immediately, no taxiing on the surface gaining speed, it just won’t do that as the nose just dives. My added front strap does help as you can lift the nose to stop it diving in the marginal stuff.
Really fun board, it’s really well built with great graphics. Great addition to the quiver.

melaquekite
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:13 pm
Local Beach: Melaque, MX
Barra de Navidad, MX
Favorite Beaches: Ilha du Guajiru, Brazil
Style: Everything, course, jumps, cruising
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My new pocketboard - Naish Hover Microchip

Postby melaquekite » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:38 am

airsail wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 pm
The Microchip really likes wind, can be a prick to get going on if the wind is marginal.
I'm not finding this to be true. I miscalculated and the wind died here today and I got up and riding in much less wind than I'm used to on a 633 or 679. About 7mph and a 10m. Yes, it is a "pop up directly to foil" with zero hull riding.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests