Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Blade F16r

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Europ2
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Blade F16r

Postby Europ2 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Starsky wrote:In looking at your foil it's really the turning dynamics that I'd love to hear about. Could you comment on the behaviour of the foil and how it differs from others. Looks race oriented which to me says very linear. Are there plans for a freeride/ wave wing?
I think I know what you have in mind .... :wink:
"Axial mast" KBHF prototypes built in Spain and France lead to the same conclusion....
Pros: very fast & stable / like a plane on a rail....
Cons: poor maneuvrability / difficult to make jibes with ....
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2387318

Original post on the Kitefoil French Forum from 2013, December
Maic wrote:With the F16r we reach higher performance (this thing is faster and easier during manouvre than before) at the only cost of a non removable rear wing.
Then, why not, maybe did the guys miss something and you've found how to minimize the cons....
Nobody would have bet a penny or cent on strutless kites 5 years ago. See where they are now :o

If the results are up to expectations,
- one could imagine very soon strut and fuselage thickness divided at least by a 2 factor,
- we will hopefully see nice alu "flat on flat" solutions on the market and the credit of the original design will be yours !
- when the "trick" is explained, home builders should like this setup as strut to fuse section is always tricky with demountable solutions.

Credit: Santifont, Spain

Credit: Chris Middleton, France and his cut Mach2 moth front wing :o :o

alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby alsbirk » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm

My friend Jonas Dalhoff and I have been working on a somewhat similar concept for quite a while now, the stainless steel fuselage goes all the way to the LE of the mast and has 3 M6 threads for the wing screws to bolt everything together (3+2+2 screws in total to mount foil and board). The foil is very fast to assemble/dissasemble and can be packed very small for travelling.

Control and feeling wize, having the mast direcly on top of the wing works, but there are tradeoffs like the ones mentioned above and it´s something you need to get used to for sure.

the pictures are of an earlier version with a temporary fuselage etc.
thojo_foil.JPG
thojo_foil_2.JPG
thojo_foil_3.JPG
/Thomas

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Sorry for warming this up, but ..

.. anything new from Blade Foil or maybe other new foil trying the already known concept of a axis strut? Also discussed here:
http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19 ... 3&start=10

Maic from Bladefoils wrote something about a video they want to make, but can't see anything new on their HP since a year. Believe it is working but the question is still who well performing throw jibes, tacks and other maneuvers.
A video could show at least a bit, maybe something on their facebook account I can't check?

Would be really interesting as maybe also a great concept for monofoil: http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=2393935
And if this works the step to a difficult, but for me first attraktiv twintip monofoil would be close.

But a bit I fear it is similar to the old north foil, a bit of a hype, but on the end you never seen a video with somebody doing nice jibes and stuff as just not possible :roll: . Now in fact there is a guy at my lake with a north foil, but did not even ask to try, as I don't think it is worth to spend the time. The bladefoil instead I would be interested, maybe one day I come to their area and then I will ask and take the time for a test.

Bernd

Return to “Hydrofoil”